Tuesday, March 31, 2009

best monday EVER!

OMG! Yesterday, let me tell you, was awesome. Gotta say one of the best Mondays I've had in a while :)
I got up extremely early for a Monday. Got ready for the day and headed out. i had to go to the CDL to do my time sheet. well, nothing can make someone's day like a toddler saying your name and asking you to stay and play. however, i could not. i make my way to the infamous on-campus Starbucks to do some last minute history studying. well, i go to that and then lunch with Kari. i finished my 2 pages for English and went to music appreciation. i didn't have a huge time gap between music and English so off i go to Starbucks. yes, again lol. as i sit there, fighting with the laptop, a person, that always brightens my day (and mood if needed) walked in. small talk occurred and i continued to "talk" to my laptop and in doing so resulted in quite a few looks of wither amusement or concern were directed towards me by said person :) all i could do was laugh and attempt to explain myself, not much luck, but at least he laughed too. soon after, we go our separate ways.
i leave the dreaded English and return to the room. Nap time!! well, around six Allie calls and we head off to Chick-fil-a. Guess who was there? yet another person that makes me happy and quite nervous at the same time. And lucky me, the only available seat is next to him. hooray! I'm excited. I'm not hungry so i don't eat; just a sweet tea for me :) well, I'm sitting there and allie is to my left. after a while, i look over at her and she gives me this look. I'm like "huh?" she just sits there and looks away. a few moments go by and boy leaves with a few others. i immediately turn to Allie and ask her what the look was about. she tells me to wait later; she didn't want to embarrass me. of course, I'm all for not embarrassing me. i wait. but the moment we hit the car seats, i ask again. she says, and i quote (to the best i can), "well, i just noticed how flirtatious Aaron was being with you. hitting you with straws on your head. in boy world, that's flirting. i don't know why, but it is." my heart soars! I'm so happy and like i didn't, and still don't, know how to process such information. I'm still giddy from hearing that!! yes, i do realize how big of a dork i sound like, but i really don't care. thinking my day couldn't get better was insane on my part.
There is this guy I've seen like everywhere on campus, especially yesterday. Allie was planning on going over to study with corrie. i happen to look out the window and the beyond cute guy is playing ping-pong in corrie's lobby. i ask to join the study "party," if you will, and go over with Allie. we get over there and cute guy is gone. I'm like "sad day." Talk about speaking too soon. he walks through the door :) Allie had a random craving for cookie cake when we left Chi Alpha so she was carrying that and of course they, cute guy and other random boy, take notice. we invite them to have a piece. cute guy aka Shawn, sits next to me. (yes, it was only because it was the only available seat but still!) soon, they return to their game. hilarious to watch! absolutely hilarious!! well, Shawn got done playing around midnight and came and sat on the couch that i was on. hehe I'm so excited!! Allie, Shawn and I chatted for a bit, corrie joined in too. it was pretty awesome!! he left and Allie and I followed soon after.
OMG what a fantastic day, Monday!

No comments: