Tuesday, January 3, 2012

it's been awhile, huh?

i'm a senior in college. looking at my graduation date. May 5. Oh my. i'm nervous, but excited. i know that God has called me to be a teacher and He has provided me with the friends and support and passion for me to become just that. I begin my student teaching in just 14 days. I know that He has called me to this because the more faith and trust i put in Him with things concerning becoming a teacher, He guides me through. How else could i pass all 4 of the PRAXIS II tests without studying? Me? The girl who has ALWAYS struggled with any kind of test taking, passed all 4 PRAXIS II tests needed to become an elementary school teacher with high scores. ALL GLORY BE TO GOD! that's all i can say. I'm thoroughly excited to be what He has called me to be.

I'm writing this post while watching session 1 of the Passion conference. I adore modern technology right now because without it i would not be able to watch this conference i have heard only good things about over the past few years. It is because of watching this that i want to start blogging again. well, that and the fact that i found a friend's blog and it inspired me to begin blogging again. I will be posting about my journey as a student teacher and sharing how God moves in my life.

2012 seems to be the year that i FINALLY stick with all the goals i set. it's the year that i begin the habits i wish to keep for all of my days.

"I will follow You.
No turning back.
The cross before me.
The world behind me.
I will follow."

From that song i heard during tonight's live session, "No turning back" struck me hard. I've made it my motto for the year. No turning back.

No turning back to my bad habits.
No turning back to not being passionate about my relationship with Christ.
No turning back to being self conscious.
No turning back to worldly things.
No turning back to not sharing the love of God with people I love.
No turning back to being self consumed.
No turning back to being lazy in any way.


NO TURNING BACK.

No comments: